I want you to know that we are keenly aware of the challenges facing our families, our communities, and our nation during this current COVID-19 situation. Our hearts go out to those who have lost loved ones, who are vulnerable to this illness, and who are afraid. So much uncertainty surrounds this situation, but we have confidence in our God and our Savior, who goes before us and will never leave us, and who placed us together as a church for such a time as this.
Here are a few things you need to know going forward:
1. We are suspending all in-person Worship Gatherings and large-group activities until further notice.
2. We are suspending all in-home Missional Community gatherings until further notice.
3. We are initiating a plan to make personal, voice-to-voice contact with each person who is connected to TRC.
4. We are initiating a plan to utilize social media and other technology to maintain regular communication with one another and to carry on the ministry of the Word. Part of this initiative is to develop a plan to provide an online worship experience on Sunday mornings. Stay tuned!
5. We are encouraging you to continue giving generously to the work God is doing through TRC. Here are some ways to keep giving while our in-person Worship Gatherings are suspended:
- Mail your offering to The River Church, PO Box 664, Moxee, WA 98936.
- Go to our website and set up one-time or recurring gifts: https://theriverchurchmoxee.com/give
- Download the Church Center app, select The River Church, and click "Give" (at the bottom of the app) to set up one-time or recurring gifts.
- Text any amount to 84321. The first time you text you will be given a link to set up giving through the Church Center giving site/app.
Here are some ways to keep in touch with The River Church at this time. I urge you to make use of as many of them as you are able:
- Go to the Church Center app (see above) or Church Center online ( https://theriverchurchmoxee.churchcenter.com/ ) and update your personal contact information. Help us ensure your email address, mailing address, and phone numbers are up-to-date.
- website: https://theriverchurchmoxee.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theriverchurchmoxee/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq9X-Gwqy9j5dsBU97xEchg
- Twitter: @_theriverchurch
- Instagram: @_theriverchurch
This situation reminds me of what the nation of Israel faced as they prepared to cross over the Jordan into the promised land. What would happen to them when their leader Moses was gone? Would their new leader be able to handle this? Would they be able to stand against the opposition that faced them? Would God be with them now as he was with them before?
"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed" (Deuteronomy 31:8). The message for us to trust God when we are facing anything fearful. He goes before us into this coming weekend, week, month, and year. He is with us. He will not leave us or forsake us. So therefore we do not have to fear or be dismayed about what we are facing.
Be prepared to follow Jesus together into this unknown. I will be there with you, wherever God leads us.
Grace and Peace,